By: Mallory Markham
Start fasting, where stretchy pants to work and get your lunch/dinner/dessert plans in order; tomorrow is…
DINE FOR DISASTER!!!
Please make sure that you are inviting co-workers to go to lunch, meeting friends for dinner and taking the family to get dessert. We have some great local restaurants participating, donating a percentage of their sales to benefit local American Red Cross disaster relief and preparedness programs and services.
Why not dine out for a good cause?! Every eight minutes, the American Red Cross provides basic needs such as food, shelter, clothing and emotional support to disaster victims.
Specifically, monies raised by Dine for Disaster become:
- the blankets wrapped around a family after a house fire,
- emotional support to those who are experiencing grief due to their loss
- replacement of much needed prescriptions or eye glasses lost
- access to safe and comfortable lodging
- ability to acquire hot meals
- the ability to plan and respond to future disasters
ALL assistance is FREE and made possible by the generous contributions from our community supporters…YOU!
How to help:
- Join the “Dine for Disaster” Event on Facebook , by clicking the “join” button in blue, you can then invite your friends to the event, so they have all the information they need to dine out and support the Red Cross!
- Change your Facebook Cover Photo to one of the images on our FB event page!
- On twitter, use the hashtag #Dine4Disaster to let your followers know your dining out for a great cause.
- On the day of the event; fill free to take photos, tweet or post on Facebook where you are dining, thanking restaurants for participating and supporting local disaster relief!
*Please mention “I’m here to dine out for disaster to support the American Red Cross!”
Visit www.redcross.org/dinefordisasterwisconsin to see a list of participating restaurants!